Meet Glow, an ecosystem of innovative dApps leveraging programmable DeFi yields

Looks like a fair and realistic proposal guys!

I think if you ignore the negative comments and just put it to vote you’ll find it gets approved.

2 Likes

@Woody, As you know I’m also a big fan of the T Swap concept… but how would we fund a Treasury Swap at the moment? We don’t have any money in the Treasury yet, afaik?

1 Like

I have no hostility towards the project. You have misinterpreted. Nowhere did I say anything about the project. My comment was simply frustrating around the choices being made by pylon to allow launches that don’t give benefit to stakers.

5k MINE staked is a reasonable start. Perhaps in the future something could be built in where higher stakers get higher apy in pools. If there is a limit to the amount of UST to be staked, a head start for mine stakers was mentioned in previous promises from the team. I personally don’t like the pools if you lock up with one apy and then can’t exit when the apy drops, so a minimum apy for mine stakers could be something to think about.

There are so many ways in which mine stakers can benefit, it just takes some thinking outside the box.

this problem can be solved easily by giving MINE stakers a % multiplier, for example, give stakers with more than xxxx amount MINE a reward multiplier of 1,15 %. Thus staking rewards as your UST in the pool will give a small % more returns

My thoughts were to do it prospectively. In addition, I’d imagine the allocation wouldn’t be huge and the treasury could potentially purchase it in weekly instalments.

That said, you make a good point. If T swaps weren’t to happen, I’d be ok with special Pylon Pool rewards for Mine stakers, or to go with the original plan Glow has.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing this out @blackbird. We just updated our docs including the emission breakdown and the proposed Pylon Pools in the tokenomics page.

2 Likes

Thank you all for all these great comments and it’s great to see how many people are committed to making Pylon the best launchpad,

There is one point i will like to add though, most of the people using Pylon and putting money in the pool for sure are people that also hold and believe in Mine, with that in mine launching your project and having the best interest of people who stake Mine will be huge for your project and you’ll get from the get-go a huge community of supporters.

I like the idea of having an amount of the token allocated to Pylon Treasure that will be purchased and sent to mine Stakers as rewards.

Hi everyone!

It’s been great discussing our proposal with the Pylon community. I appreciate also the signs of support and excitement we’ve been receiving from messages here and on Twitter.

After listening to everybody, both Pylon Council members, the broader Pylon community and our team, we are creating a Governance poll with the following changes. We’ve heard everyone and this is the result:

• We will include a 5k $MINE staked threshold to participate in the pools. We believe this rewards MINE stakers and is democratic at the same time with the broad Pylon community.

• We will reserve a 4M GLOW allocation for future endeavours with the Pylon community, such as a Treasury Swap or a Liquid Pool. We all are pretty excited about these! Since they are quite innovative, we expect to refine the best strategy with the Pylon Council Members and the community in the future. These will happen after the token is live, so we believe the Pylon Pools are still by far the best opportunity for community members to early co-invest in Glow.

• As such, we will allocate 21M GLOW to the Pylon Pools. We think that Pylon Pools is a key yield infrastructure in the Terra ecosystem that has made Pylon Gateway one of the most innovative launchpads in the whole crypto space. At Glow, we are all about yield use-cases, so lossless investments ftw!

• Last but not least, we will keep the proposed 10M GLOW airdrop to MINE stakers. Even if hasn’t been much discussed in the forum, we have received a lot of messages super excited about this. It’s quite a generous fraction of the token supply (1%). Since all of you MINE stakers will receive GLOW airdrops, we welcome you to join our community.

Thank you for all your ideas and support. Let’s bring DeFi yields to the mainstream together!

3 Likes

The new structure of the Pools will be the following.

We are allocating 21M $GLOW (2.1% of the total supply) in 3 Pylon pools, with a minimum 5k $MINE staked required to enter. The breakdown of the pools are:

1. Pool 1
  • Token allocation: 2M $GLOW
  • Vesting period: 6 months
  • Glow rewards claimable after 3 months
  1. Pool 2
  • Token allocation: 5.5M $GLOW
  • Vesting period: 12 months
  • Glow rewards claimable after 6 months
  1. Pool 3
  • Token allocation: 13.5M $GLOW
  • Vesting period: 18 months
  • Glow rewards claimable after 9 months
4 Likes

Thank you so much for listening to the community and working with us. Communication and flexibility is something a lot of people in here have been wanting from projects. You guys are absolute chads for doing this. Pumped for the Glow X Pylon future!!!

3 Likes

Thank you for listening to the Community and Council @aesmonty and working in some of the suggested changes - really looking forward to seeing GLOW take off.

I would personally love to see the 4M go towards a Treasury Swap rather than a new Pool, given that 3 pools will already be live at that time.

The Airdrop is very welcome!

Very generous airdrop for MINE holder, well done team. I think many people underestimate the power of multiple airdrops. Right now with only PSI and TWD they make up to 20-25% APR (with current PSI/TWD/MINE) prices.

1 Like

Hey everyone, thanks for the support again! We just submitted the governance poll and it’s open for voting here Pylon Webapp

3 Likes

Welcome on board Glow! I believe that this project will further strengthen the UST and create value for the Terra ecosystem.

2 Likes

A couple of question additionally:

• Your team composition (I don’t see in the website)
  • The lotto app: it should be live this month according to the roadmap. Are there any delay? test contracts to assess?
  • glow creators: live in Q1 2022. What is that? I don’t see a concrete explanation.
1 Like

hey @blackbird, happy to answer your questions:

• We are a team of 7 at the moment (and hiring!), with 2 blockchain devs, 2 full stacks and 3 bd/marketing people. I am the tech lead of the project.
  • Lotto: Contracts have been already audited by the lead security firm in the Terra ecosystem and the dApp is pretty much done. We are planning to release a testnet version in the next week for our community to play with, and the mainnet launch is expected for mid-late December.
  • Creators: Contracts are in the works and we are starting with landing/frontend development this week. We will release more details on Creators soon, probably after launching Lotto.
1 Like

Hey! Great proposal, very generous to MINE stakers!

I think it may be beneficial for the glow team to have a few pools open to the community, while leaving separate high-yield pools with 5K MINE requirement. This way you are offering benefits to the MINE community while simultaneously providing outsiders a way to partake in the project IDO.

Just a suggestion that may benefit the glow team to ensure you get the funding you need. I like the proposal as-is as well!

2 Likes

Hey Glow,

I am curious to know if you’re able to disclose what price you hope to publicly list GLOW at?

This would be really helpful information to understand how much the pool rewards and other distributions amount to.

Hey @aesmonty

Can you please clarify why your Medium launch article says 4M $GLOW is airdropped when the GOV passed proposal was set for 10M $GLOW?

re: Pylon Webapp

Article

Please and thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes