Pylon Pools is a great product and the mechanism pretty much unique in the crypto space. From my point of view Pylon team should continue to improve it further since it’s a unique selling point.
Right now there are zero incentives to obtain or stake MINE in order to participate in Pylon Pools.
While I think it’s the right approach in keeping Pylon Pools open for anyone to participate, this proposal would give Pylon Pools investors a reason to stake MINE and increase long term demand for the token.
Proposal: Early Access for MINE staking
From an investor perspective the first few hours/days in a new listed Pylon Pool is usually the “sweat spot” because of the effect of highest capital efficiency on linear token distribution. As we all know the efficiency decreases over time when more capital flows into the pools.
We could improve from here and grant participants who obtained and stake MINE early access to the token distribution in a tiered system which increased their capital efficiency in those pools. Another pro argument would Pylon team has full control over this mechanism and it’s pretty much independent from the amount of tokens distributed from a particular project.
- 2020-12-01 - Pool opens for deposits on (24h before token distribution starts)
- 2020-12-02 - Token Distribution TIER 1 starts (>1.000.000 MINE staked over 3 month on average)
- 2020-12-03 - Token Distribution TIER 2 starts (>250.000 MINE staked over 3 month on average)
- 2020-12-04 - Token Distribution TIER 3 starts (>100.000 MINE staked over 3 month on average)
- 2020-12-05 - Token Distribution TIER 4 starts (>50.000 MINE staked over 3 month on average)
- 2020-12-07 - Token Distribution TIER 5 starts (>10.000 MINE staked over 3 month on average)
- 2020-12-08 - Token Distribution TIER 6 starts (>1.000 MINE staked over 3 month on average)
- 2020-12-09 - Token Distribution for anyone else starts
Open for discussion to tweak those numbers and tier level.